Project Manager ArtVontobel (50-60% - until end of August 2022)
Vontobel is a globally active investment company with headquarters on the Vontobel campus in Zurich and operating from a further 26 locations worldwide. As part of the company’s culture, Vontobel promotes the arts, culture, and education, and since the 1970s has gradually built up its own art collection. This commitment to the arts was professionalized and given a new direction in 2014, when the newly established Vontobel Art Commission set out to focus on contemporary photography by international artists. It is advised by Urs Stahel, the co-founder and long-time director of the Fotomuseum Winterthur who now acts as a freelance curator, lecturer, and author, and is managed by professionals in the field of the arts. Thematically, its orientation puts people and what they do in the spotlight, because we see art as a laboratory for reflecting on topical issues or ones that will be relevant in the future. We want to enable new approaches and perspectives, and encourage a dialogue with our clients, employees, and other people with an interest in art.
In spring 2022, we will put on our young contemporary photography prize “A New Gaze” for the third time. An initiative of ArtVontobel, this prize gives one young talent from a specifically designated region of the world an opportunity to implement a photography project from concept to exhibition, complete with published catalogue.
In the future, new projects will be launched under the aegis of ArtVontobel with the aim of mediating the collection and “A New Gaze”, as well as other initiatives, both digitally and physically.
For December 1, 2021, we are looking for a temporary maternity-related replacement for the following position:
- Collaborating on the implemention of the photo competition “A New Gaze 3” (artist support, planning, production, communication, exhibition, mediation, etc.)
- Expanding social media channels; creating social media content
- Managing the collection (organization of transportation, managing inventory, assembly)
- Preparing and following-up meetings to acquire new works
- Various administrative activities
- Participating in the development of a concept for placing the art works for the benefit of employees and the public
You bring / you are
- Graduate in art history, cultural management, or a similar academic area
- At least 2 years of work experience in arts / culture promotion
- Experience in project management
- Experience in handling works of art
- Experience in the production and presentation of photography
- High affinity and experience in dealing with social media, editorial skills
- Strong interest in contemporary photography
- Flexible, resilient, and reliable even under pressure
- Initiative and creativity
- Familiarity with ArtPlus, Microsoft Office
- Stylistically confident German
- Very good written and spoken ability in the English language
We offer you the opportunity to support ArtVontobel in a team of two, to develop it further, and gain a lot of new experience. In addition to interesting and very varied work, you can provide your own ideas and implement them. The location where you wlll be working is the Vontobel campus in Zurich Enge.
Vielen Dank für das Interesse an Vontobel. Wir schätzen es sehr, dass Sie sich die Zeit nehmen, Ihre Bewerbung einzureichen. Unser Recruiting Team wird Ihre Bewerbung sorgfältig prüfen und Ihnen zeitnah antworten.
Für allfällige Fragen kontaktieren Sie uns über das Kontakt Formular.
StandortZürich / Gotthardstrasse 43