Senior Risk System Engineer (Front Arena)
Are you tech-savvy and at the same time enjoy the fascination of closeness to the financial markets?
Are you experienced in the realm of risk management systems and in particular
working with Front Arena? Are quality and speed no contradiction to you?
For our Front Arena Team based in Zurich, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer. You will either start on the Front Arena Development team or on the Front Arena Engineering team with the opportunity to rotate on a regular base.
On the Engineering team your work will encompass the following tasks:
- Agile and continuous enhancements of our risk system (Kanban priority approach) making a direct impact on stakeholder experience.
- Playing an active role in the further optimization of our Front Arena continuous integration / continuous deployment framework with emphasis on automated testing and, thereby, improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our risk management solutions
- Playing an active role in the exploration of potential alternatives to Front Arena in a PoC context.
- Reduce technical debt by strategically refactor and automate complex processes and code.
- Analysis of capacity utilization and active capacity management as well as infrastructure modernization. Treat operations as if it is a software problem. Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye towards pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs and innovating to continually improve.
- Taking over support and on call coverage on a rotational base.
- Design and continuous optimization of our Front Arena process schedules under consideration of available capacities as well as multiple stakeholder expectations.
- Drive the utilization of new technologies, in particular exploration of cloud-based scaling approaches for our risk management system.
- Being first point of contact for all arena users
On the Development team you will focus on:
- Large-scale extension of our product offering, implementing and integrating new payoffs front to back including trade capture, valuation integration, booking and life-cycle management.
- Strategic enhancements of our risk reporting framework.
- Continuous enhancements of our quoting capabilities for exotic and leverage products.
- Integration of our cloud-based grid for valuation of exotic products
- Close collaboration with our project management and business engineering partners in analysis and requirements engineering of strategic long-term projects with the opportunity to take responsibility and technical ownership for projects
- Being an active driver for the rollout and testing of Front Arena Upgrades and Hotfixes
- Coordinate and support systematic user acceptance testing with various stakeholders.
You have the following passions:
- Software development, code quality and system/process optimizations.
- Keen interest in structured and exchange trades financial product, there valuation and risks and life-cycle management.
- Risk management systems and their integration into a trading environment
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Analysis of complex challenges and design holistic solutions to satisfy customers on the one hand and ensure a maintainable, stable software system on the other hand
- Eager to work in an agile team building with an attitude to create client impact
- Willing to take responsibility and ownership
- Bachelor or Master in one of the following: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering.
- At least 3 years experience in development and operations of a risk system.
- Ability to program (structured and OO) with Python and coding experience beyond simple scripts.
- Familiar with front arena components ADS, AMAS, AMS, AMBA, TAB and front arena software framework components AEL, ACM, ADFL, ASQL
- Depending on your working location willing to travel to other Vontobel locations on occasional basis
- Profound knowledge in technologies like Apache Kafka, Splunk, Grafana, Snowflake, MSSQL Server, Windows Server would be a plus
Vielen Dank für Ihre Bewerbung bei Vontobel. Wir werden Ihre Bewerbung sorgfältig prüfen und Ihnen zeitnah eine Antwort zukommen lassen.
Vontobel ist ein Unternehmen, das Chancengleichheit fördert. Wir setzen uns für Chancengleichheit bei der Beschäftigung ein, unabhängig von Rasse, Hautfarbe, Abstammung, Religion, Geschlecht, nationaler Herkunft, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, Staatsbürgerschaft, Familienstand, körperlicher Einschränkungen oder Geschlechtsidentität.
Wir schätzen unterschiedliche Sichtweisen innerhalb unserer Teams und sind bestrebt, ein Umfeld zu schaffen, in dem jeder, der Teil unserer Leistungskultur sein möchte, sich selbst verwirklichen kann. Sie basiert auf gegenseitigem Respekt und null Toleranz gegenüber jeglicher Form von Diskriminierung.
Für Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung. Bitte kontaktieren Sie uns über unser Kontakt Formular.
StandortZürich / Bleicherweg 21