Data Engineer (80-100%)
At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that get our clients ahead. As a global financial service provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and investment solutions that fit.
On our way to the cloud, we are expanding our international and dynamic central data platform team in the area of cloud technology: We ingest, process and store the core data of the company. We have built the technical foundation and started onboarding the first use cases. Therefore, we are looking for a talented and experienced Software and Data Engineer to join our team to enhance our platform and create value from our data.
- You will contribute to designing, building, maintaining, and improving our data warehouse based on Snowflake cloud database
- Collaborate across teams with application owners and Vontobel`s middleware team to connect additional data sources
- Enable our client units by providing the right data for them and convert data into value
- Collaborate with the team to understand and improve our processes and tools to expand and maintain this strategic component of our next generation IT landscape
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL and experience with Cloud Services (mainly Azure), Shell Scripting, Infrastructure as Code, Docker, CI/CD, Automation
- Experience with data wrangling tools
- Good to have: Finance Industry know-how, experience in building MIS or DWH applications
- University degree in computer science, data science, finance, math’s / physics or comparable work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Fluent in English, German is a plus
- You take ownership and you are committed to deliver.
- You are a proactive and motivated team player with an independent, reliable way of working and high-quality awareness
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- First experiences with data visualization and data analysis tools such as Tableau and Power BI would an advantage
- You bring ideas to life, and you are not afraid to step out of your comfort zone to succeed
What we offer
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking and our methodology and we work with mutual trust
- Would you like to develop your skills? We are happy to support you with further trainings and certifications
- Teamwork and transparency are important to us: We always exchange valuable knowledge and skills with each other - One Vontobel
- Our work culture is characterized by short communication channels and direct cross-departmental contact and information exchange
- We offer the option for home office (Flexible working times), diverse benefits and provide a first-class lunch menu when you work in the office
If you are passionate about data engineering and want to make an impact on our business, we would love to hear from you.
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Splügenstrasse 5