Senior Fixed Income Client Portfolio Management
Vontobel Asset Management is a multi-boutique investment firm managing over USD 140bn of client assets with investment boutiques in New York (Quality Growth Equities), London (24 Asset Management) and Zurich (Fixed Income, Systematic Multi Asset, Sustainable Equities). As we continue our exceptional growth journey, we are looking for a Senior Client Portfolio Managers (CPM) to drive the global engagement for our Fixed Income flagship products.
The Senior CPM FI support our Portfolio Managers by representing the boutique in meetings and communication with prospects, clients and consultants. Taking a global mandate, the Senior CPMs work across client segments and regions as they bring investment expertise and commercial drive to advanced prospect situations and service existing clients in line with the Fixed Income Global Sales plan. This role acts as an adviser to the client, rather than product pushing and should work in a consultative, solution mindset and partnership approach.
Our Senior CPMs have unrivalled access to insight from our Investment Teams. As members of our leadership team they protect our investment culture and ensure transparency, consistency and accuracy of verbal and written messaging internally and externally.
- Work closely with the Head of Global Fixed Income business to leverage Vontobel’s systematic global client engagement approach, to ensure in-depth understanding of the global Fixed Income plan and pipeline and to leverage our strong understanding of clients’ solution needs
- Represent the Investment Team in prospect, client and consultant meetings providing authority and expertise in communicating the investment approach, philosophy, and portfolio positioning of our Fixed Income investment strategies
- Work with regional client teams to manage the global Fixed Income engagement plan covering finals presentations, roadshows, event presentations and performance review meetings
- Act as close partner to our regional client teams by endorsing our business strategy and by taking a proactive commercial perspective in the advanced stages of the sales process and in client retention
- Have a keen eye for industry best practices and ensure best-in-class standards in preparation for and follow up after client engagements
- Provide investment messaging and performance context to internal staff, including investment team members, global salesforce, investment writers, and other staff responsible for producing and delivering content to internal and external audiences
- Authority to originate and approve investment content and marketing messages on behalf of the Investment Team
- Author commentaries, presentations and responses to questions from clients, prospects and consultants when required
- Maintain in-depth investment knowledge (attend investment meetings, read research reports, utilize information services, etc.) to credibly represent our the Investment Teams
- Drive relevant prospect and client meeting activity
- Support growth of regionally prioritized Fixed Income products as per the integrated Fixed Income Global Sales plan (which is the consolidated view of Country, Global Banks & Global Consultants)
- A strong focus on the commercials of all business proposed or written
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of all external Fixed Income communications and materials in their region
- Build a reputation for Fixed Income within their region
- To be viewed by clients as their FI expert and trusted adviser who can help then in a consultative and partnership way, not as a product pusher
- Passionate about Fixed Income investing
- Commercially driven and proven track record in building substantial books of business
- Proven track record in client facing activities, incl. the ability to win finals presentation and handle demanding performance review meetings
- Ability to adjust according to audience as we communicate to clients across different regions and channels, across format that range from one to one meeting to key note speeches
- 10+ years minimum work experience on the Fixed Income buy side
- 10+ years minimum institutional investment firm experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field, Master Degree a plus
- CFA and/or other investment designations a plus
- Accustomed and willing to travel extensively both domestic and abroad according to dynamic meeting bookings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proficient at writing investment commentary
- Prioritization, attention to detail, follow-up with a sense of urgency and organizational skills are essential
- Comfort working in a very entrepreneurial, investment led team environment
- Fluency in English, additional languages welcome
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Genferstrasse 27