At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that bring our clients ahead. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and digital investment solutions.
For our Database Engineering team, we are looking for an experienced Database Engineer:
- Operation of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases in a highly automated environment
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting in cooperation with application managers and infrastructure teams
- Collaboration on application implementation projects
- Automation of processes in the database environment
- Willingness to work on-call for one week every five weeks
- Technical university degree (Uni, ETH, FH), education in the field of computer science or other equivalent education with emphasis/depth in computer science.
- Administration experience on Oracle and MS SQL Server databases.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, PowerShell) is an advantage
- Conceptual and analytical skills as well as high willingness to learn
- Communicative personality with good cooperation skills, who is proactive and able to work under pressure
- Fluent in English and a good level of German
- Flexible, collaborative and reliable team player
- keen to learn new things and take ownership
- Empathetic and able to communicate with a wide range of people
- Able to deal with demanding stakeholders and find compromise
- Client centric and keen to offer innovative solutions
- Comfortable with handling data and digital tools
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Splügenstrasse 5