Head Legal & Compliance Technology & Data Privacy (incl. Swiss DPO) (100%)
At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that get our clients ahead. As a global financial service provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and investment solutions that fit.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that Vontobel remains at the cutting edge of monitoring, analyzing, develop global frameworks and driving business value from a Technology, Digitalization and Data Privacy law and regulation perspective.
As Head of the Legal & Compliance (LC) Technology & Data Privacy Team and as the Swiss Data Priva-cy Officer (DPO) you closely collaborate with the Group DPO, the CISO and Data Governance Team, Technology & Service Teams as well as other internal Stakeholders to advise them and support the continuous development of already existing and the adoption of new data, technology related and digital business models within the firm. Therefore, you will support both the strategy and the daily operations of LC Technology & Data Privacy, looking to ensure our knowledge of IT, Digitalization and Data Privacy laws and regulations as well as market practice is of the highest quality and that business development opportunities are maximized.
The successful candidate will join the LC Regulatory Framework Team and reports to the Group DPO that of the firm and has the chance to build up a highly skilled expertise team, working hand in hand with inter-/national lawyers, IT, data and cyber specialists to help stakeholders anticipate regulatory changes and thrive in the highly dynamic technology, digitalization, and data privacy regulatory environment. Along with our thriving network of collaborative knowledge lawyers and experts, this role will help drive an inter-/national partnership model of collaborative cross-practice and multi-jurisdictional working.
- Heading the Legal & Compliance Technology & Data Privacy Team and acting as the Swiss DPO of the firm
- Monitoring and providing legal advice, analysis and assessment of compliance with national | international technology, cyber and data privacy laws and regulations at Vontobel, incl. identification of gaps and development of possible safeguards to remediate risks
- Enhance and maintain Vontobel’s data privacy and protection frameworks (incl. processes, monitoring, controls and policies) and provide support for the handling of data subject requests and potential data breaches
- Provide LC advice and support for the implementation of the revised Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection as well as the implementation of other data, cyber, cloud or other technology/digital laws impacting the Group
- Deploy LC support of multidisciplinary, national and international projects, especially in the field of data privacy, IT, digitalization, AI and cloud solutions
- Identify legal, business and technical infrastructure requirements and controls to enable privacy compliance adopting the Data Protection by Design process; work with inter-/national LC colleagues, business, technical teams as well as coordinate with external counsel and vendors to assist implementation (if needed)
- Negotiate inter-/national contracts with clients, stakeholders, partners and vendors to ensure compliance with technology and service as well as data privacy laws/regulation
- Engage with the organization to assist in training employees on privacy and data protection as well as other technology and digitalization related requirements, handle employee privacy-related queries and raise employee awareness privacy and data protection developments
- Promote and foster a data privacy/protection culture within the organization and acting as the focal point for activities within Vontobel relating to data privacy and IT laws/regulations
You bring/ You are
- Master Law degree required; specialization in technology and privacy is a plus. Any additional qualifications (e.g. LLM, Bar, IAPP CIPP) are welcome
- At least 4 - 5 years of professional experience as in-house counsel or in a law firm with a focus on (international | national) technology law, AI, digitalization, data protection, negotiation and business law
- Strong understanding of digital, data, cyber and other IT-related topics as well as with inter-/national privacy laws (incl. GDPR) and related technical processes and controls
- A track record of providing proactive, expert, timely and authoritative legal and compliance inter-/national advice and liaising with and managing different stakeholders
- Good knowledge of the finance industry and related operational processes is a plus
- Ability to collaborate transversal with various types of stakeholders (business, lawyers, third parties such as clients and vendors) and work proactive with clear client orientation, and a high degree of quality, integrity and responsibility awareness
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building, leading teams and projects with an open, pragmatic and humbled mindset; ability to positively motivate and influence other professionals and act inclusive
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clarify complex issues and concepts for non-lawyers;
- Independent, structured and solution-oriented way of working and ability to apply complex analytical and challenge solving skills under pressure, readiness to work in a challenging and dynamic environment and willingness to contribute in a team culture
- Excellent German and English communication and presentation skills with varied stakeholders
What we offer
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking, methods and with mutual trust
- A modern environment that is technologically up to date
- You would like to develop your skills? We are happy to support you with further training's/ certifications
- Teamwork is important to us: We exchange valuable knowledge and skills with each other at all times - One Vontobel
- Our working culture is characterized by short communication channels and direct cross-departmental contact and information exchange in an open space office
- We offer the option for home office (Flexible working times), diverse benefits and provide a first-class lunch menu when you work in the office
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Gotthardstrasse 35