Head Intermediary Clients Switzerland
Vontobel Asset Management serves the world’s leading asset owners. With over 300 investment professionals and offices around the world we advise client assets of USD 117bn (as of December 31, 2022). We are a performance driven, multi-boutique investment organization, where independent thinking and high convictions flourish thanks to our active investment approaches and long-term mindset.
At Vontobel, we empower our employees to take ownership of their work and bring opportunities to life. We do so based on the conviction that successful investing begins with the assumption of personal responsibility. We continuously scrutinize our achievements as we strive to exceed the expectations of our clients
While the Swiss client segment represents the biggest client segment of Vontobel Asset Management we do see a lot of additional growth potential in the Swiss Intermediary market thanks to an enlarged product offering, excellent track records and our very solid market reputation as a performance driven active asset manager. We are searching for a Zurich-based Team Head Intermediaries to lead a team of 5 (Relationship Manager and Sales Support) and to bring our Intermediary business to the next level.
This is an entrepreneurial role with significant scope to create value for the firm. A genuine passion for client work and leadership is essential to succeed in this role.
- Review and define the Sales Strategy for the Intermediary business in Switzerland (growth aspiration, client coverage, product focus etc)
- Ensure a competitive and consistent positioning of Vontobel Asset Management and its products in the Swiss Intermediary market
- Ensure a structured sales process for lead generation, follow up, conversion and client servicing and ensure that your team has in depth knowledge about Vontobel’s investment approaches and the portfolio managers' investment views
- Provide clear guidance and purpose for your team and align resources, incl your own client coverage, according to the business needs and opportunities
- Create a trusting work environment that encourages the team to outperform and exceed expectations
- Actively coach team members and develop talent enabling them to achieve and exceed expectations
- Work in close cooperation with the other channel heads in Switzerland as well as with the Portfolio Managers, Product Management, Marketing, and other teams to further develop our best-in-class client service standards
- Prepare business plans and management communication
- Plan and execute client events in alignment with the overall marketing plan
- Provide feedback to keep Vontobel’s marketing and content suite (investment contents, presentations etc.) innovative and best-in-class
- Contribute to core projects as assigned from time to time
You bring / You are (your qualifications)
- Ambitious and result driven personality with a strong desire to generate new business
- At least 10 years of experience in a Sales or client facing role in the Asset Management industry
- Excellent client network and trusted relations in the intermediary market in Switzerland (Global Banks, Private Banks, Cantonal Banks, IFAs and other market segments)
- Excellent technical knowledge of investment markets and investment products, in particular investment funds
- A good understanding of market trends and the regulatory framework
- Experience as a team leader
- Strong entrepreneurial and commercial mindset
- Ability to work under pressure, against tight deadlines and to quickly adjust to changes in priorities
- High personal Integrity
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- German (or Swiss German) native language and excellent English (verbal and written). French or Italian language skills an advantage
- A bachelor or similar (CFA, AZEK) degree in finance
- Proficient in MS Outlook
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Genferstrasse 27