Database engineer (80% - 100%)
At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that bring our clients ahead. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and digital investment solutions.
Do you enjoy focusing on database topics?
Are you full of drive? And are you an experienced database specialist with a passion? Or have you just successfully completed your studies in computer science and also want to get to grips with innovative IT infrastructure technologies?
We are looking for a committed, motivated and communicative Database Engineer to join a highly effective database team in the Technology&Platforms department at our head quarter at Zurich.
Stable operation is not everything, but without stable operation everything is nothing. Therefore, as a Database Engineer you will work on various tasks. You will develop, maintain and operate the database platforms of two internally established database technologies such as Oracle and MS SQL Server as well as take on business-critical performance tuning tasks. In addition, you will provide automation for internal customer as a self-service. With your willingness to deal with a variety of technologies, you will take broad responsibility for ensuring established as well as new database services and drive them forward.
The highly automated platforms basically form a private cloud for databases as a manged PaaS, the use of which enables you to create and operate database services in an agile manner and with consistent quality.
You will work in a small team that works closely with adjacent technical teams. Using your technical expertise, you will enhance and maintain the database services that are essential to the smooth operation of the business. You will have the unique opportunity to influence key technical and architectural decisions for the delivery of database services.
- Engineering and operation of database with newest Oracle multi-tenant architecture
- Engineering and operation of database with newest MS SQL-Server Releases
- Support, troubleshooting and performance tuning for and with our partners
- innovative projects in platform environment: design it, implement it, run it
- Unlimited possibilities within automation
- Working during the full life-cycle of the platforms
- In our team you have the opportunity to work flexibly in the office and from home
- Study / training in the field of computer science or comparable course of study.
- With your communicative personality and your good cooperation skills, you find it easy to communicate well in German as well as English
- Solid and extensive experience with enterprise platforms and database technologies (or understanding of topics in this area), especially administration and development of Oracle multi-tenant databases (as well as MS SQL Server databases are a plus).
- Conceptual and analytical skills as well as high willingness to learn
- Programming skills (Python and PowerShell) are a plus
- Certified product skills (such as Oracle OCP and Microsoft MCSA) are a plus
- You always act proactively and thoughtfully and are used to working under pressure
- Willingness to work on-call
- A real team player who wants to get stuck in and take responsibility
- An inspiring professional with an independent, precise and result-oriented way of working
- Trustworthy and resilient
- Someone who enjoys working in cooperation with a various of internal clients and partners in a highly dynamic environment
What we offer
- We work according to agile principles, especially in our mindset and methodology, as well as work on the basis of mutual trust
- Would you like to develop your skills? We are happy to support you with further trainings and certifications
- Teamwork is important to us: We always exchange valuable knowledge and skills to each other - We act as one Vontobel
- Our work culture is characterized by short communication channels and direct cross-departmental contact and information exchange
- We offer the option for home office (flexible working times), diverse employee benefits and provide a first-class lunch menu when you work in the office at Zurich
Vielen Dank für Ihre Bewerbung bei Vontobel. Wir werden Ihre Bewerbung sorgfältig prüfen und Ihnen zeitnah eine Antwort zukommen lassen.
Vontobel ist ein Unternehmen, das Chancengleichheit fördert. Wir setzen uns für Chancengleichheit bei der Beschäftigung ein, unabhängig von Rasse, Hautfarbe, Abstammung, Religion, Geschlecht, nationaler Herkunft, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, Staatsbürgerschaft, Familienstand, körperlicher Einschränkungen oder Geschlechtsidentität.
Wir schätzen unterschiedliche Sichtweisen innerhalb unserer Teams und sind bestrebt, ein Umfeld zu schaffen, in dem jeder, der Teil unserer Leistungskultur sein möchte, sich selbst verwirklichen kann. Sie basiert auf gegenseitigem Respekt und null Toleranz gegenüber jeglicher Form von Diskriminierung.
Für Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung. Bitte kontaktieren Sie uns über unser Kontakt Formular.
StandortZürich / Splügenstrasse 5