Client Portfolio Manager - Sustainable Equities
Mtx currently manages USD 13.2 bn of assets through its Sustainable Emerging Leaders, Sustainable Asian Leaders and China Leaders strategies for institutional and intermediary clients across the globe. The franchise has seen extraordinary asset growth on the back of the quality of the team, investment approach and performance. To support the growth in client base as well as future product and client development across the boutique we are looking to hire an additional experienced CPM to join the team.
The CPM supports our Portfolio Managers by representing their boutique in meetings and communications with prospects, clients and consultants. Taking a global mandate, the CPMs work across client segments and regions as they bring investment expertise and commercial drive to advanced prospect situations and service existing clients in line with the Equity Global Sales plan.
Our CPMs have unrivalled access to insight from our Investment Teams. As members of our leadership team they protect our investment culture and ensure transparency, consistency and accuracy of verbal and written messaging internally and externally.
This important entrepreneurial role could be based in Zurich or London and reports to the Global Head of Equity Products (based in London).
- Work closely with the Global Head of Equity products to leverage Vontobel’s systematic global client engagement approach, to ensure in-depth understanding of the global Equity sales plan and pipeline and to leverage of our strong understanding of our clients’ selection situation and solution needs
- Represent the Investment Team in prospect, client and consultant meetings providing authority and expertise in communicating the investment approach, philosophy, and portfolio positioning of our Equity investment strategies
- Work with regional client teams to manage the global Equity engagement plan covering finals presentations, roadshows, event presentations and performance review meetings
- Act as close partner to our regional client teams by endorsing our business strategy and by taking a proactive commercial perspective in the advanced stages of the sales process and in client retention
- Have a keen eye for industry best practices and ensure best-in-class standards in preparation for and follow up after client engagements
- Provide investment messaging and performance context to internal staff, including investment team members, global salesforce, investment writers, and other staff responsible for producing and delivering content to internal and external audiences
- Authority to originate and approve investment content and marketing messages on behalf of the Investment Team
- Author commentaries, presentations and responses to questions from clients, prospects and consultants when required
- Maintain in-depth investment knowledge (attend investment meetings, read research reports, utilize information services, etc.) to credibly represent our the Investment Teams
- Represent the Equity boutiques’ engagement principles that globally guide our investment guidelines, commercial offering and service concept
- Drive relevant prospect and client meeting activity
- High quality investment messaging in client and prospect meetings and in written content
- Support growth of regionally prioritized equity products as per the integrated Equity Global Sales plan (which is the consolidated view of Country, Global Banks & Global Consultants)
- A strong focus on the commercials of all business proposed or written
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of all external boutique communications and materials in their region
- Build a reputation for our boutiques within their key regions
- Passionate about high conviction equity investing
- Strong technical knowledge of equity investing
- Proven track record in client facing activities, incl. the ability to win finals presentation and handle demanding performance review meetings
- Ability to adjust according to audience as we communicate to clients across different regions and channels, across format that range from one to one meeting to key note speeches
- 10+ years minimum equities experience on the investment side
- 15+ years minimum institutional investment firm experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master Degree a plus
- CFA and/or other investment designations a plus
- Accustomed and willing to travel extensively both domestic and abroad according to dynamic meeting bookings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proficient at writing investment commentary
- Prioritization, attention to detail, follow-up with a sense of urgency and organizational skills are essential
- Comfort working in a very entrepreneurial, investment led team environment
- Fluency in English, additional languages welcome
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationLondon / 70 Conduit Street