Talent & Development Advisor
As a pragmatic thought leader with a high focus on end to end ownership of flawless execution, project management and implementation, you drive true business outcomes and impact through leading, owning, facilitating and enhancing best-in-class Talent & Development solutions that are tailored to engage and improve our organizational performance.
Next to employee development you will support the organization by program managing and enhancing our talent processes such as our promotion, succession and Talent ID cycles and manage the Vontobel mentoring program in collaboration with an external partner. You will also support other parts of the People and Organisational Development portfolio such as performance management to help drive employee training in these domains.
You are a forward thinking, innovative and engaging Talent and Development professional, highly respected for your expertise of driving talent and development solutions across various geographic locations, adult learning principles, facilitation, learning technology and innovation. As a Talent and Development advisor you will partner closely with the business leaders, HRBPs and the overall HR team alike. You will build a close understanding of business needs that will allow you to become a trusted advisor over time.
As a senior member of the team you will engage in coaching and developing your peers across the People & Organisational Development team. In your daily work you keep focused of the bigger picture, making sure to leverage the the right data and analytics to guide your decisions.
Your main responsibility is to partner with the global Business Heads, our global Head of HR and Head of People and Development to drive business outcomes through global talent and development programs, solutions and processes.
Leadership and employee development
- Training needs Analysis and Learning Advisory partnering with and consulting to our senior business and HR stakeholders
- Think through the best blend of employee development channels both online and live as per our organisational strategic objectives that can help us to engage employees across all our geographic locations
- Program Management of all leadership and employee development programs including our senior leadership development program, management development programs, employee training modules etc.
- Instructional Design and facilitation of various internal skill building sessions (e.g. performance management webinars, new manager assimilations, peer learning sessions etc.)
- Drive global learning campaigns as well as adoption, impact and sustainability of all learning programs
- Run the Vontobel Learning Community of practice driving collaboration across business groups
- Build out peer learning and push on the job learning as the primary focus in collaboration with managers.
- Program manage, drive stakeholder engagement and facilitate the promotion/succession and talent cycle discussions in collaboration with the business and HRBPs. Drive CEO and BoD reporting in collaboration with team data analyst.
- Collaborate with leaders/HRBPs and HRAs to drive the progress of talent development management strategies / actions as identified by the business during the the Org&People Day
- Support the organization to nurture a performance management and feedback culture
- Program manage the mentoring program
- Develop and manage a coaching panel/coaching engagement process
- Leverage sound training needs analysis processes to build your recommendations and actionable plans.
- Build out our learning reporting capability, learning research and analytics in order to provide insights and guidance to the business regarding the impact of our development solutions ad talent and development cicles and processes.
- Integration of various offerings with other platforms (such as Work day or Degreed)
- Financial management of all development expenses
- Success measurement of solutions
- Day to day vendor management and onboarding
- Maximise LMS functionality to our advantage
Your behavioral competences
- Strategic thinker with a can do mentality, able to independently translate business objectives into hands-on action plans & milestones. Happy to execute next to strong conceptual thinking.
- Impressive and engaging communicator, able to engage and influence organizations up to top senior management through clear, authentic and specific communication
- Problem solver, leading others through complex organizational and people-related challenges.
- Resolute, assertive, self-confident and results-oriented personality who possesses a combination of mental flexibility, creativity and sound judgment
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality and a structured and pragmatic
- Effective consulting and coaching skills, empathetic personality with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders to drive organizational change.
- Out-of-the-box thinker, curious, innovative and forward-looking approach.
- Ability to maintain confidence and professionalism in ambiguous and complex situations, effective and creative problem solver.
- Act always with integrity.
- Team player with self-awareness, positive attitude
- Global mindset and cross cultural awareness
Your technical competences
- Able to design, project manage, run and facilitate senior, middle and new to management programs as well as employee learning programs at scale for our global workforce
- Experience with implementation of programs across various geographic locations
- Instructional Design/ Training content development including the practical application of adult learning principles
- Experienced facilitator of senior and larger groups of mixed ability and international backgrounds
- Strong Advisory/consultancy skills, i.e. Training needs analysis, strong listening, stakeholder engagement and communication skills and ability to come up with practical solutions based on brief
- Able to think though ideal mix of online, innovative and live learning channels
- Knows the industry (i. e.vendors/pricing) and has experience with vendor selection and vendor management
- Business acumen, industry knowledge
- Strong project management skills
- Sound understanding of Talent/Promotion/Succession planning processes
- Fluency in written and spoken English, ideally in German too.
- University degree or equivalent HR education.
- Strong powerpoint and presentation skills
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Gotthardstrasse 44