Senior ESG Analyst
At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that get our clients ahead. As a global financial service provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and investment solutions that fit.
Within the mtx, Sustainable Equities team of Vontobel Asset Management in Zurich we are looking for a Senior ESG Analyst. The mtx franchise, a team of 21 investment professionals in Zurich and Hong Kong, is part of Vontobel’s Sustainable Equities investment boutique. The franchise manages a range of emerging market equity strategies, which are all based on a highly disciplined investment process that identifies high-quality companies with the help of systematic filtering and fundamental research. Currently, the team manages USD 13bn in assets under management.
The ESG team within mtx provides ESG research services for a number of emerging market focused funds managed by mtx. The ESG analyses are conducted by applying a proprietary ESG assessment model.
- Your opportunity (job description)
- In-depth ESG analyses of a limited number of emerging market companies, focusing on certain sectors – ideally concentrating on Energy, Mining, Industrials or Materials sectors.
- The candidate will do investigative work on companies’ ESG performance, engage with companies and help to develop the assessment framework and data sources with particular responsibility for specific industries and topics.
- Mtx has ambitious plans to develop and grow its ESG integration approach. The candidate will be tasked with project managing certain areas of this development strategy according to their expertise and qualifications.
- The candidate will work in a small team of ESG analysts within mtx as well as working closely with the mtx financial analysts who specialize in the industry sectors that the candidate will focus on.
- Data management, processing and reporting related to ESG analyses.
- Research on upcoming global sustainability trends and industry-specific challenges.
- Producing detailed and summary reports of the results of their in-depth ESG analyses as well as articles and white papers on ESG research topics.
- Supporting portfolio management teams in developing customized ESG strategies.
- Supporting the sales teams with presentations and ESG reports for clients.
- You bring / You are (your qualifications)
- Long-standing experience in ESG research, in financial research with strong ESG components or in corporate sustainability management.
- Ideally, the candidate will have experience in any of Energy, Mining, Industrials or Materials sectors but candidates with experience in other sectors may apply.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong data management skills (Excel, financial information systems).
- Solid publication and presentation skills.
- Team player, yet able to work independently and under pressure, focusing on the essentials.
- Resourceful and shows strong initiative to help develop strategy and bring new ideas to the table.
- Experience in company engagement would be an asset.
- Quantitative training/ experience would be advantageous.
- University degree or higher, preferably related to sustainable finance. Excellent academic record.
- Fluency in English. German and other languages (especially Chinese or other languages spoken in emerging markets) would be an asset.
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Genferstrasse 27