Senior Sanctions Specialist 100%
Do you want to observe high standards of individual behaviour and business conduct as the second level of control?
Do you want to work closely with the business to support good compliance practices within the firm?
For our Compliance team in Zurich we are looking for a proactive Senior Sanctions Specialist 100%.
- Maintain effective practices and procedures for economic sanctions screening
- Continuous enhancement of the Sanctions Compliance Program, including improvement of control standard harmonization applicable to all regions and evaluation of programmatic effectiveness
- Primary responsibility for the establishement of policies and procedures, trainings and risk assessments
- Facilitate the annual sanction risk assessment and developing and executing an action plan at the global level
- Act as a Special Matter Expert in this field, conducting thorough assessments of new and existing economic Sanctions, consult management with regard to existing and new business
- Esablish and operate a Competence Center prividing profund knowledge to other functions
- Respond to regulatory inquiries related to economic sanctions compliance
- Work closely with Anti-Corruption/AML Compliance, Internal Audit, Transaction Banking and other control functions to ensure that compliance programs, policies and procedures meet current legal requirements
- Provide training to front office, legal and other control functions
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders across the Group
- Ensure policies, procedures and practices comport with legislative and regulatory developments
- Establish quality assurance processes related to the Sanctions Compliance Program
- Develop periodic management information related to the Sanctions Compliance Program
- Assist, as necessary, in the review of transactions, deals, strategic initiatives, and other relationships to ensure conformity with sanctions laws and regulations and the Bank’s global policies
- Completed university degree in Swiss law or equivalent
- Multiple years of banking compliance experience is mandatory including min. 3 years experience in economic sanctions compliance
- Broad knowledge of global sanctions rules & regulations and experience in implementing and optimizing firm–wide processes in relations to management of santions
- Ability to manage stakeholders effectively strong project management and execution skills
- Excellent German and English skills
- A reliable and trusted person with a positive attitude and good negotiation and communication skills
- A team player, results and solution oriented, self-directed and a precise worker
- Proactive with a service-oriented way of working
- Able to work independently and to deliver quality work under tight deadlines
Please upload your full dossier (CV, motivation letter, reference letters and diplomas). We will review only complete applications.
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Genferstrasse 8