Senior Client Portfolio Manager Multi Asset
Vontobel Asset Management is a multi-boutique investment firm managing over CHF 134bn of client assets with investment boutiques in New York (Quality Growth Equities), London (24 Asset Management) and Zurich (Emerging Market Fixed Income, Systematic Multi Asset, Sustainable Equities). As we continue our exceptional growth journey, we are looking for a Senior Client Portfolio Manager to drive the global engagement for our Multi Asset flagship products.
The Vontobel Multi Asset boutique currently manages over CHF 50bn in systematic and discretionary Multi Asset funds and mandates for institutional and intermediary clients across the globe. The franchise has seen solid asset growth on the back of the quality of the team, investment approach and performance. To support the servicing of the existing client base and further growth in existing and new markets we are looking to hire an experienced Client Portfolio Manager to join the team.
The Senior Client Portfolio Manager supports our Portfolio Managers by representing the Multi Asset boutique in meetings and communications with prospects, clients and consultants. While having a focus on the German speaking intermediary and retail markets, the Senior Client Portfolio Manager works across different client segments and regions and brings investment expertise and commercial drive to advanced prospect situations and services existing clients in line with the Multi Asset Global Sales plan.
Our Senior Client Portfolio Managers have unrivalled access to insight from our Investment Teams. They protect our investment culture and ensure transparency, consistency and accuracy of verbal and written messaging internally and externally.
This important entrepreneurial role is based in Zurich and reports to the Global Head of Multi Asset business.
- Work closely with the Global Head of Multi Asset business to leverage Vontobel’s systematic global client engagement approach, to ensure in-depth understanding of the global Multi Asset sales plan and pipeline and to leverage our strong understanding of our clients’ selection situation and solution needs
- Represent the Investment Team in prospect, client and consultant meetings providing authority and expertise in communicating the investment approach, philosophy, and portfolio positioning of our Multi Asset investment strategies.
- Work with regional client teams to manage the Multi Asset engagement plan covering client presentations, roadshows, event presentations and performance review meetings
- Act as close partner to our regional client teams by endorsing our business strategy and by taking a proactive commercial perspective in the advanced stages of the sales process and in client retention
- Have a keen eye for industry best practices and ensure best-in-class standards in preparation for and follow up after client engagements
- Provide investment messaging and performance context to internal staff, including investment team members, global salesforce, investment writers, and other staff responsible for producing and delivering content to internal and external audiences
- Authority to originate and approve investment content and marketing messages on behalf of the Investment Team
- Author commentaries, presentations and responses to questions from clients, prospects and consultants when required
- Maintain in-depth investment knowledge (attend investment meetings, read research reports, utilize information services, etc.) to credibly represent our the Investment Teams
- Represent the Multi Asset boutique’s engagement principles that globally guide our investment guidelines, commercial offering and service concept.
- Drive relevant prospect and client meeting activity
- Support growth of regionally prioritized Multi Asset products as per the integrated Multi Asset Global Sales plan
- A strong focus on the commercials of all business activities
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of all external boutique communication
- Build a reputation for our Multi Asset boutique within the key regions
- To be viewed by clients as their Multi Asset expert and trusted adviser who can help then in a consultative and partnership way, not as a product pusher
- Passionate about Multi Asset investing
- Commercially driven and proven track record in building substantial books of business
- Proven track record in client facing activities, incl. the ability to win finals presentation and handle demanding performance review meetings
- Ability to adjust according to audience as we communicate to clients across different regions and channels, across format that range from one to one meeting to key note speeches
- 5+ years minimum work experience on the investment side
- 10+ years minimum asset management firm experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field, Master Degree a plus
- CFA and/or other investment designations a plus
- Accustomed and willing to travel both domestic and abroad according to dynamic meeting bookings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proficient at writing investment commentary
- Prioritization, attention to detail, follow-up with a sense of urgency and organizational skills are essential
- Comfort working in a very entrepreneurial, investment led team environment
- Fluency in German and English, French or Italian would be an advantage
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Genferstrasse 27