Head of Credit Approval Mortgages
At Vontobel, we actively shape the future. We create and pursue investment opportunities with determination. We master what we do – and we only do what we master. This is how we get our clients ahead. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and tailor-made investment solutions.
We invest in people who create opportunities to deliver the client experience of tomorrow.
Are you interested in joining our business unit “Treasury & Fixed Income Solutions” and in leading a team of highly experienced credit specialists focusing on mortgages?
With your team, you will be responsible for structuring and approving Vontobel's mortgage lending solutions.
- Opportunity to lead a team of 5 Credit Risk professionals with focus on mortgage loans in Switzerland
- Overall responsibility for the analysis, structuring and underwriting of mortgages and the qualitative growth of the loan book
- Act with your team as interface between the Risk and the front organization
- Provide solutions and risk oriented support in structuring credit solutions, pro-actively working with your stakeholders in Wealth Management
- Responsibility to support the implementation of the mortgage strategy and lead related projects and initiatives with substantial impact for the business
- Development and implementation of the credit processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Responsibility for the leadership and personal development of the team
- At least 12 years of proven experience in the financial industry, and substantial experience in a credit and leadership function
- Established track-record in a management role within a Wealth Management organisation
- Excellent practical knowledge of the full-process for mortgage loans (front to back)
- Strong understanding of mortgage business and the Swiss real estate market
- Sound experience in leading and driving projects, initiatives
- Strong analytical, structuring and conceptual skills combined with a “can-do attitude”
- Ability to judge risks and as well facilitate and enable business
- Strong client and service-focused orientation
- Excellent communication skills combined with the ability to develop and maintain a efficient stakeholder management
- University degree in Banking & Finance or equivalent higher education
- A respected and inspiring leader, able to lead and coach your team to success
- A thoughtful business partner, able to deal with demanding stakeholders and to instill trust
- Used to convince people from various backgrounds and to create long term partnership across the firm
- An expert of the Swiss market but also comfortable within an international environment
- Fluent in German and in English
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Bleicherweg 21