Are you looking for a high-level ESG role in Hong Kong with exciting development potential? The mtx, Sustainable Equities team of Vontobel Asset Management in Hong Kong is looking for a Mid to Senior level ESG Analyst. The mtx franchise, a team of 21 investment professionals in Zurich and Hong Kong, is part of Vontobel’s Sustainable Equities investment boutique. The franchise manages a range of emerging market equity strategies, which are all based on a highly disciplined investment process that identifies high-quality companies with the help of systematic filtering and fundamental research. Currently, the team manages USD 13bn in assets under management.
The ESG team within mtx provides ESG research services for several emerging market focused funds managed by mtx. The ESG analyses are conducted by applying a proprietary ESG assessment model.
At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that get our clients ahead. As a global financial service provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and investment solutions that fit.
- The candidate will be the ESG lead for mtx’s Hong Kong team, providing in-depth ESG analyses across all industry sectors focused on selective Chinese (A and offshore) companies.
- The candidate will do investigative work on Chinese companies’ ESG performance, engage directly with companies, and help the team to further develop mtx’s assessment framework and data sources with a focus on applicability in Chinese markets.
- The candidate will lead active stewardship efforts in the region and will help to develop our China engagement strategy.
- Mtx has ambitious plans to develop and grow its ESG integration approach. The candidate will be tasked with project managing certain areas of this development strategy according to their expertise and qualifications and importantly, will be the team’s specialist regional ESG advisor.
- The candidate will work with a small team of ESG analysts within mtx as well as working closely with mtx’s financial analysts and portfolio managers.
- Data management, processing and reporting related to ESG analyses.
- Research on upcoming sustainability trends and industry-specific challenges with a China focus.
- Produce detailed and summary reports of the results of their in-depth ESG analyses as well as, from time to time, produce articles and white papers on ESG topics.
- Supporting mtx’s portfolio management in developing customized ESG strategies.
- Supporting the sales teams with presentations and ESG reports for clients.
- Mid to long-standing experience in ESG research, in financial research with strong ESG components, or in corporate sustainability management.
- International exposure through education or work-experience.
- The candidate will support mtx across all industry sectors in the China market, so a broad ESG background is ideal, but specialist sectoral experience is also welcome.
- Experience with company engagement is ideal.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong data management skills (Excel, financial information systems).
- Solid publication and presentation skills.
- Team player, yet able to work independently and under pressure, focusing on the essentials.
- Resourceful and shows strong initiative to help develop strategy and bring new ideas to the table.
- Quantitative training/ experience would be advantageous.
- University bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably related to sustainable finance. Excellent academic record.
- Fluency in Chinese and English required.
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationHong Kong AM / 1901 Gloucester Tower, The Landmark, 15 Queen's Road