Vontobel is looking for Finance Associate to join its US Finance and Business Operations team. Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP and IFRS), as well as understanding of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations and provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
The Finance Associate will support the Finance and Business Operations team to ensure that Vontobel Asset Management, Inc. (the “Company”) meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global financial institution and that any other business related tasks are addressed
- Assisting with planning, directing and coordinating through all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating the activities of internal and external auditors
- Supporting the budget process
- Performing cash management and maintaining banking relationships, monitoring account balances and preparing documentation for the monthly accounts reconciliations
- Assisting with accounts payable activities, including reviewing, preparing, processing coding of invoices
- Continuously evaluating accounting and internal control systems and processes and offering recommendations for improvement
- Assisting with regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Assisting with vendor onboarding and agreement management
- Assisting with any other office or business task
- The role requires relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Candidates with professional accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA), certified management accountant (CMA) or chartered global management accountant (CGMA) are preferable.
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued.
- Understanding of the US tax landscape is a plus.
- Candidates must possess exemplary attention to detail and analytical skills while working in a fast-paced environment where multitasking and the ability to work independently are essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills will be important in order to work successfully with internal clients, external stakeholders (e.g. regulators) and team members.
- In addition candidates should be open and flexible to take on various tasks and assignments and assist other team members or business units were needed.
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationNew York / 1540 Broadway, 37th / 38th Floor