Global Execution Trader
At Vontobel, we actively shape our future. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in active asset management, wealth management and tailor-made investment solutions.
The Asset Management division offers a broad variety of investment products and strategies that help our clients get ahead. We have approximately CHF 140 Bn in Assets under Management. Our clients’ assets are managed in an active style and invested in a wide variety of asset classes.
At Vontobel Group and in the Asset Management division, we are making investments to build an exceptional infrastructure team that supports a global business. Executing like a startup allows us to move quickly and aggressively and helps us support a dynamic and competitive asset management business that is highly dependent on accessing markets globally.
Based in Zurich you are part of a new infrastructure team that supports all our boutiques and operates globally. The trading and execution function facilitates access to global markets and is building out a new sophisticated investment technology architecture
Interaction with other parts of the Vontobel group should benefit this role. Close collaboration with portfolio management will be an important element of making this role successful.
- Provide order execution capability across Equity markets. Ideally focused on European markets with a strong analytical trading mindset conducive to electronic and algorithmic trading
- Solid understanding of Algo wheel development is paramount given the role will demand building the algo wheel technology for all Global Execution across the trading hubs
- As an Electronic solutions trader, the role will involve building and enhancing the current electronic reach and further customization of algo strategies based on data collection and statistics
- A solid understanding of TCA is advantageous given the role will expand to running real time TCA analytics through a customized portal for all Global Executions
- Close collaboration and exchange with portfolio management. Provide in depth market color and quantitative insights to support the asset management teams.
- Maintain strong broker relationships, assuring adequate coverage of all relevant markets. Overview of executions across various time zones & regions
- Seek out sources of liquidity, manage access to markets and coordinate with investment teams to minimize costs and performance slippage
- Play an active role in the development of our network of correspondents and peers at large to keep abreast of market developments and trading tools
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of an efficient execution process. Ensure the analysis of best execution and the performance of brokers
- Collaborate with client specialists, legal and compliance, as well as support technology and operational teams.
- At least 4-5 years of relevant experience in trading and execution with a defined specialty in Equity trading, asset management and/or financial services
- University degree in Finance, mathematics or qualification deemed equivalent
- Proficiency in common trading tools, high affinity of software applications and practical experience in financial data providers.
- Extensive experience leveraging transaction cost analyses, mitigating risks, and defending execution capabilities to clients, investors, portfolio managers, and regulators
- Strong communication skills, specially to collaborate with investment teams across region and different time zones.
- Fostering a collaborative team environment, able to work under pressure, with a can-do-attitude
- Strong ethics, regard for compliance and regulatory requirements
- Fluent in English, knowledge in German, French would be a plus
- Must be resident in Switzerland or willing to be relocated
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Genferstrasse 27