Senior Sanctions Compliance Officer (80-100%)
At Vontobel, we actively shape the future. We create and pursue investment opportunities with determination. We master what we do – and we only do what we master. This is how we get our clients ahead. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and tailor-made investment solutions. We invest in people who create opportunities to deliver the client experience of tomorrow.
The focus of the role is on advice and daily operational execution of sanctions compliance measures in close cooperation with the global expert, Compliance officers and Business to ensure consistency and quality standards in accordance with the Group Sanctions Policy.
What would your role be?
- Provide advice to the Wealth Management Business and Compliance officers on a variety of operational sanctions topics, including account openings, lifecycle events such as change in circumstances, payments, securities transactions and other relevant operations;
- Monitor, review and assess potential risks according to relevant sanction regimes (such as: Negative Media screening, PEP or Sanction alerts)
- Communicate with relevant Swiss authorities (e.g. SECO), including reporting
- Assure to keep up to date on Global and Local sanctions control framework, understanding in depth the respective sanctions risk exposures
- Build strong relationships with the relevant stakeholders from the Business and Compliance teams to successfully assess the client due diligence or any other activity-related topic in a timely manner
- Implement the necessary procedures and execute the required controls, in order to ensure an effective and high standards of delivery end-to-end process
What are we looking for?
- University degree in law, economics, political science, or equivalent
- Proven experience in sanctions compliance management with Swiss private banks, , Swiss law firm or similar environment
- Profound knowledge of sanctions, anti-terrorism laws and AML standards
- In-depth knowledge of risk-management principles and procedures
- Knowledge of financial products and experience in transactions/payments processing (Avaloq) would be a plus
- Fluent in English and German (desirable)
What do we offer?
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking and our methodology and we work with mutual trust
- Would you like to develop your skills? We are happy to support you with further trainings and certifications
- Teamwork and transparency are important to us: We always exchange valuable knowledge and skills with each other - One Vontobel
- Our work culture is characterized by short communication channels and direct cross-departmental contact and information exchange
- We offer the option for home office (Flexible working times), diverse benefits and provide a first-class lunch menu when you work in the office
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Gotthardstrasse 35