Equity Research Associate
As an active, pure bottom-up equity manager, we invest in attractively valued companies globally that are leading both in terms of their profitability (ROIC) as well as their competitive position. We invest both in Global Emerging as well as Global Developed Markets with Emerging Markets being the focus given the team’s track record and the numerous awards it won for its Emerging Market capabilities. We generate our investment ideas by a strict, value-driven, fundamental bottom-up investment process focused on free cash flow, not earnings. The investment team is strongly process driven, thereby constructing and managing style-consistent portfolios that blend both value and quality styles. All our portfolios are ESG-compliant. The focus will be mostly on large caps.
The investment team looks to add an Equity Research Associate to cover Emerging Market equities.
You will work as a generalist and help our team of senior investment specialists conduct equity research, process relevant investment research and information. Our team is based in Zurich and Hong Kong.
The Associate will have the following responsibilities
- Supporting our analysts to perform their fundamental analysis on emerging market stocks which includes: The understanding of the key drivers of companies, sector dynamics and supply/demand situations and trends in close collaboration with the sell side
- Assisting the senior analyst in preparing the relevant research documents
- Helping the team to understand industry dynamics and trends as well as the industry positioning of a company
- Administrative support of the team and maintenance of our research library
This role has the following requirements
- The analyst must demonstrate good company knowledge and an understanding of the business models of companies
- The candidate must have strong modeling and valuation skills
- The analyst must demonstrate a good understanding of key ESG issues and risks
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics
- The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years of investment experience with a top institution on the buy-side or sell-side
- High degree of intellectual curiosity, versatility and self-motivation
- Committed and disciplined with strong working ethics
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good team player
- Must poses at least bachelor’s degree
- CFA Charter holder
- Fluent in English
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationZürich / Genferstrasse 27