Senior Relationship Manager West Coast
Vontobel Asset Management, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Senior Institutional Sales / Business Development Executive to assist in driving our multi-boutique growth strategy in the US West Coast territory with Institutional prospects focused on Direct Sales (DB & DC as well as Consultants).
The Regional Director will be capable of building strong relationships by understanding the client’s investment needs, and identify selling opportunities. Success in the role will require the candidate to acquire a deep understanding of Vontobel’s equity, fixed income and multi-asset (MAS) capabilities, investment philosophy and approach, and effectively articulate this to clients. The candidate will directly target direct prospects and field consultants, as well as work with internal departments such as portfolio management; client services, marketing and analytics to ensure clients receive exceptional client service.
- Lead new Institutional business development efforts by prospecting and building strategic client relationships within the US West Coast region.
- Responsible to help drive the sales strategy and expand Vontobel’s market share with institutional relationships by being an intellectual contributor, solution provider and trusted advisor to clients, consultants and prospects and delivering growth across our product suite of high conviction actively managed Equity, Fixed Income and MAS capabilities.
- Direct Sales focus on Defined Benefit Plans as well as targted Defined Contribution Recordkeepers
- Develop a business plan for the territory, execute that strategy, and be responsible for creating, identifying, advancing, and closing new business opportunities in a manner that leads to the successful achievement of robust qualified activities and sales targets.
- Coordinate with Senior Institutional Sales & Service, Marketing, Client Portfolio Managers, and Investment team members to fully develop all opportunities in the region and help implement best practices at the firm.
- Provide constructive feedback on strategies, market / industry trends and best practices to management, sales and investment management teams.
- Lead complex technical investment discussions, including client review meetings, with a sophisticated audience.
- Engage internally across the organization to partner with the product, marketing and investment resources of the firm to address the ever-changing needs of our clients.
- Build positive relationships across the broader global sales organization, investment communications, operations, legal, compliance and other internal teams critical to the end-to-end client lifecycle.
- A minimum of 7 years of investment sales experience required, working at an institutional asset manager in sales and consultant relations
- An extensive knowledge of the institutional investment business, products / asset classes with a solid rolodex
- Solid experience working with defined contribution and defined benefit markets, focused on corporate, public pensions, endowment & foundations, as well as with oCIOs, consultants and DC record-keepers
- A strong sense of professional and personal integrity, as well as high ethical standards
- A proven track record, with a strong rolodex and history demonstrating success in high level sales production
- Ideally, it would be preferred for the candidate to be based in New York (Vontobel’s US Headquarters)
- Commitment to the philosophy and process underlying Vontobel’s investment approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly with regards to conveying technical investment approaches and key selling points in a clear and compelling manner
- Demonstration of initiative, accountability, and a focus on delivering consistent quality work, coupled with outstanding time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- A strong academic background is required; MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred. Series 7 and 63 licenses.
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form.
LocationNew York / 1540 Broadway, 37th / 38th Floor